|packing days||packing location||packing fees|
All packs are scheduled for:
|We are located on the Northeast corner of Minnesota Ave & 33rd St, on the East end of the Avera Living Well Center (see map)||As much as we would like everyone to be able to pack meals for free...we must request donations because we rely completely on your funds to purchase all of the the ingredients and supplies and pay for shipping costs.
*The dates listed on the schedule are dates that are already reserved.
Check you calenders, dates are filling up!!!
Please check out the packing details above and then . . .
ALLERGY WARNING: SOY PRODUCTS USED
PLEASE NO OPEN TOE SHOES
|Dates below are||reserved:||Use this form to request a packing date||
|Date||Time||Organization | Family | Group||Group Size||Hosted by/ # of meals packed|
Meals Distributed to:
Sioux Falls BackPack program
To Haiti | Guatemala | USA | Zambia | Nepal
|Dec 2, Sat||10-11:30am||Calvery Reformed Church, Jennifer||24||2,160|
|Dec 5, Tues||6:30-8pm||
PREMIER Bankcard, Susan
Augie Institues of Healthcare, Mary
|Dec 6, Wed||6:30-8:30pm||Gloria Dei High School, Sandy||
|Dec 9, Sat||10-11:30am||NRC Homeschool Group, Anna||26||4,536|
|Dec 12, Tues||9-11am||Esurance, Shannon||30||Jeff|
|Dec 12, Tues||6:30-8pm||Avera, Jolene||40||Skylar|
|Dec 13, Wed||6:30-8pm||
Hilltop UMC, Kris
BZUMC Youth Group, Kathy
|Dec 15, Fri||1:45-3pm||All City Elementary, Kim||10||Jeff|
|Dec 16, Sat||10-11:30am||
Warkenthien Cousins, Mackenzie
Our Saviours Lutheran, Sandy
|Dec 18, Mon||6:30-8pm||Girl Scout Troop 40294, Nicole||20||Skylar|
|Dec 19, Tues||6:30-8pm||Harrisburg National Honor Society, Rachel||24||Skylar|
|Dec 20, Wed||6:30-8pm||Christ Lutheran Hartford, Dave||45||Skylar|
|Dec 27, Wed||6:30-8pm||Dakota Alliance Soccer Club - U13 Girls||40||Dan|
|Jan 8, Mon||4-5:30pm||Tea Area High School Girls BasketBall, Ryan||30-35||Dan|
|Jan 9, Tues||6:30-8pm||Suzan B Anthoney Elementary, Jamie||45|
|Jan 10, Wed||6:30-8pm||Spirit of Joy Confirmation, Lauire||40||Dan|
|Jan 17, Wed||6:30-8pm||LuVerne CRC GEMS, Nicole||33||Dan|
|Jan 22, Mon||6:30-8pm||Harrisburg Wrestling Assoc, Charlie||30||Dan|
|Jan 23, Tues||6:30-8pm||Harrisburg Wrestling Assoc, Charlie||30||Dan|
|Jan 24, Wed||6:30-8pm||St Micheals Perish Youth, Rhonda||60||Dan|
|Jan 26, Fri||1:45-3pm||All City Elementary, Kim||10|
Jan 27, Sat
|10-11:30am||American Reformed Church Youth, Christine||45||Dan|
|Jan 31, Wed||7-8:30||2nd Reformed Church Hartford, Keith||30|
|Feb 7, Wed||6:30-8pm||First Reformed Church Youth, Tanner||30||Dan|
|Feb 14, Wed||6:30-8pm||Hilltop UMC, Kris||30||Dan|
|Feb 17, Sat||TBD||Fairmont Area Pack, Karen||600|
|Feb 21, Wed||6:30-8pm||Brandon Lutheran, Dan||36||Dan|
|Feb 23, Fri||1:45-3pm||All City Elementary, Kim||10|
|Feb 24, Sat||10-11:30||Trinity Lutheran Jesus and Me Youth, Michelle||25||Dan|
|Feb 26, Mon||6:30-8pm||Harrisburg National Honor Society, Rachel||24||Dan|
|Feb 27, Tues||6:30-8pm||Sioux Empire Federal Credit Union, Patricia||30||Dan|
|Feb 28, Wed||6:30-8pm||Brandon Lutheran, Dan||36||Dan|
|Mar 3, Sat||10-11:30am||First Reformed Church, Ross||60|
|Mar 6, Tues||6:30-8pm||Alyssa Boscaljon small group||10|
|Mar 7, Wed||6:30-8pm||Brandon Lutheran, Dan||36|
|Mar 10, Sat||10-11:30am||Sibley First Presbyterian Church, Kris||35|
|Mar 13, Tues||6:30-8pm||Avera, Jolene||40|
|Mar 14, Wed||
|Brandon Lutheran Church, Dan||
|Mar 17, Sat||10-11:30am||West Central Baptist Church, David||20|
|Mar 21, Wed||6:30-8pm||Third Ave Youth, Heather||30|
|Mar 16, Fri||1:45-3pm||All City Elementary, Kin||10|
|Mar 22, Thurs||6:30-8pm||Stan Graber Financial, Stan||30|
|Mar 28, Wed||6:30-8pm||3rd Ave Squared Youth Group, Shannon||30|
|Apr 3, Tues||6:30-8pm||Click Rain, James||25|
|Apr 4, Wed||6:30-8pm||St Micheals, Rhonda||60|
|Apr 4-5, Wed||TBD||Marshall Area Pack, Julie **Off Site||500|
|Apr 5, Wed||TBD||SDSU, Morgan**Off Site||400|
|Apr 14, Sat||10-11:30am||Hope Lutheran, Amy||32|
|Apr 20, Fri||1:45-3pm||All City Elementary, Kim||10|
|Apr 25, Wed||6:30-8pm||Spirit of Joy Confirmation, Laurie||45|
|May 7, Mon||9am-10:30am||SD Govenerns Office,||40-50|
|May 18, Fri||1:45-3pm||All City Elementary, Kim||10|
|June 16, Sat||8am-1pm||The Ransom Church, Kellen||200|
|June 20, Wed||6:30-8pm||Holy Cross Lutheran Church, Marilyn||30|
|Oct 23, Tues||6:30-8pm||Holy Cross Lutheran Church, Marilyn||30|
- Just talk about Kids Against Hunger to your family and friends. You’d be surprised at how many people want to help when they learn about how we are feeding the hungry and starving children of the world.
- Volunteer to give a short talk on Kids Against Hunger to your church, service club, book club, anywhere you meet with others.
- Use your social media –Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, blog, etc. to talk about Kids Against Hunger and invite people to visit the Kids Against Hunger web site for more information.
"I usually turn the channel when I see commercials about starving children. It makes me too sad. But something about what you are doing touched me and I want to help. I am only 16, but I think that I have to do something. I have to help these starving children." Emily A.
Because Kids Against Hunger is a volunteer-driven effort, there are many ways to help. Of course, the easiest way is to make a tax-deductible monetary contribution. we rely completely on donations to purchase all supplies and ingredients from vendors, and could not exist without the fianancial support of individuals, corporations, schools, clubs, and people like you.
There are also many other ways to help. When you volunteer your time or resources, we save money that can then be used to purchase additional ingredients and supplies for our life-saving meals. Some of our needs are great, some are much smaller and easier to fulfill, but every single one of them needs to be fulfilled for us to continue our fight against world starvation.
- Package food - it is a wonderful, fulfilling way to feel that you are making a real difference! You can see the progress with each bag you package and box up. From the very young to senior citizens, any group can be involved in this process. The most effective way to help in this manner is to do fundraising. Since there is currently a high demand for food packaging sessions, and it is challenging for us to keep up and replenish the additional ingredients and supplies used, we urge all volunteers to help us cover the cost of the meals they package by bringing in a financial contribution.
On average, each volunteer packages close to two boxes of food in a two-hour session. At $0.25 per meal, that equals $80-$100 worth of ingredients. We want to give everyone the opportunity to package our meals, but the reality is that we must also cover the cost of the ingredients. Like many nonprofit organizations, we are suffering from the effects of the current economic downturn. We realize that the donation of your time is very valuable, and don’t want to turn anyone down for lack of funding, but we have found that it is possible for each volunteer to raise at least $25 or more by asking their family, friends, and/or neighbors for support.
We would be happy to provide you with literature and other promotional materials to support you in your fundraising efforts.
- Consider a donation of office supplies:Sharpie markers, colors & Black, post-its, note pads, pens, tape, hand soap, dish towels, tissues, huge garbage bags
- Do you eBay? If you are a seller, you can donate a portion of your proceeds to Kids Against Hunger by registering with Mission Fish. They handle all the details - just make sure you designate your donation to go to Kids Against Hunger.
- Think about how often you use a search engine to search the internet. Wouldn't it be nice if you could support your favorite charity while doing so? Well, now you can by making GoodSearch your default search engine and choosing Kids Against Hunger-Sioux Falls as the default charity. You can also shop online at GoodShop (choose from more than 500 great stores incl. Amazon, Best Buy, Dell, PetSmart, and Wal-Mart) and designate Kids Against Hunger-Sioux Falls as the charity to receive a portion of the purchase price. It's that easy!
- Make a financial contribution by clicking on the "Donate" link above.
- You could take the big plunge and become a member of our growing network of partners and satellites.
There are countless ways to get involved and be a part of this massive campaign to end death by starvation. Can you think of another way to help? Let us know!
Thank you for your continued support of Kids Against Hunger - we can't do it without you!